How to Update to 1.1.7 and Above
Step 1 - Checklist
- You must have a bot already running on your server, if not then refer to Setting up a New Bot Manually
Step 2 - Fork this Repository
- Complete a Pull Request from the master Branch of RitaBot-Project/RITA to your master branch
- Detailed instructions with example can be found here: https://www.sitepoint.com/quick-tip-sync-your-fork-with-the-original-without-the-cli/
— OR —
- Simply Fork this repository if you have not done so already, or if you are updateing from the “Deploy to Heroku” method.
- Click here or use the button in the upper righthand side of this page to fork the repository so that it will be associated with your Github account.
Step 3 - Deploy Update in Heroku
- Log in to your Heroku account.
- Select the bot you made in step 3 of Setting up a New Bot
- Under Deployment Method Scroll down to the manual deploy section, and select the Master branch. Click deploy branch, and wait for the successfully deployed message.
Step 4 - Updating Database
- You will need to run three commands for your database to be updated to the new versions needs. Your bot shall not function until all of these have been run.
- Please run the following commands in consecutive order:
!tr settings updatedb
!tr settings dbfix
!tr embed on/off(you can decide which way to send messages and change this value at any time).