C-3PO to RITA Bot Migration (EXPERIMENTAL)
If you already have a Heroku Bot Using C-3P0
Step 1 - Checklist
- Make sure you have completed the following steps before attempting to migrate translation settings.
- You have an already up and running C-3P0 Bot.
- You are using Heroku to run the old version.
- Make sure you do not disable, reset or delete your database (preferably Postgres from Heroku)
- You have already completed a Pull Request from the master Branch of RitaBot-Project/RITA to your master branch.
Step 2 - Migrate
- Go to Heroku and click your app of C-3PO, and locate the Deploy section. Scroll down until you see the current fork your C-3PO bot is running off of, next to it there should be a button saying Disconnect
- Next click search on repositories and select your fork of this project and wait for it to load. Once that is completed you need to Deploy the ‘Master’ Branch/Version of the bot.
- Wait for it to finish deploying and you should be good to go. Turn on your worker dyno (if it was not already) and make sure your DISCORD_TOKEN is connected in the variables section in Settings. All data from your previous C-3PO bot should be saved in the database of Postgres as long as you do not delete it and will connect to all the previous channel translation connections. Happy Translating!