RITA is an automatic translation bot built using
Google Translate API.
This Method does not need you to Fork this repository, you can run your bot straight off the RITA Master Branch. For update instructions click here
Deploy to Heroku.
Step 1 - Create a new Discord App
- Give app a friendly name and click the Create App button
- I like the name C-3PO, but feel free to pick something different if you fear George Lucas’s wrath. Maybe C-4PO
- Take note of the app CLIENT ID, you will need it later.
- Scroll down to the Bot section.
- Click the Create a Bot User button
- Click the Yes, do it! button.
- Copy the bot’s TOKEN, you will need it later.
Step 2 - Deploy to Heroku
- In the custom variable of DISCORD_TOKEN put in the copied token of your created bot.
- DO NOT CHANGE the NODE_MODULES_CACHE Variable unless you know about Heroku Caching.
- If you wish to use Webhook Debug logging:
- Fill in DISCORD_DEBUG_WEBHOOK_ID & DISCORD_DEBUG_WEBHOOK_TOKEN, For instructions go here
- Once installed, go to the Overview tab and click configure dynos. Turn off the default
web npm startdyno and turn on the
worker node src/bot.jsdyno. Your bot will now be up and running!
Step 3 - Invite your bot to your server and configure it!
- Replace the CLIENTID string in the following URL with your own apps client id from Step 2: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?&client_id=CLIENTID&scope=bot&permissions=8
- Visit the resulting URL and add your bot to any server where you have admin privileges.
- Once added, your bot should show up more or less instantaneously. Type
!tr helpwithin the discord chat for more details on how to use it. Happy translating!